The minimum qualifications for the presidency of the United States specified in Article II of the Constitution are few and seemingly straightforward: In order to be President, a person must be a natural-born citizen of the United States, must be at least thirty-five years old, and must have been a resident of the United States for fourteen years. The Fourteenth Amendment states that "all persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States." Since Hawaii is part of the United States, even if Barack Obama's parents were both non-U.S. citizens who hadn't even set foot in the country until just before he was born, he'd still qualify as a natural-born citizen. Snopes
- Perpetrating acts of fraud, perjury and conspiracy in his refusal to confirm his lawful eligibility to serve as president under the U.S. Constitution Article II, Section 1, constituting impeachable offenses of high crimes and misdemeanors adumbrated in U.S.
Under the Constitution, only Congress has the power to “declare war.” The president, however, has ample authority to use military force without a “declaration of war” where the anticipated U.S. engagement in hostilities is limited in its expected nature, scope and duration. Presidential administrations of both political parties have recognized a long tradition that supports this use of force. And Congress has acknowledged its legitimacy as well. Politico
- Surrendering sovereign U.S. war-making to foreign powers and international authorities by attacking Libya without consulting Congress, in violation of U.S. Constitution Article 1, Section 8 and U.S. Code Title 50, Chapter 33:1541-1548.
- Accepting foreign title and office while acting as U.S. President and without consulting Congress when in 2009, Obama assumed the Chairmanship of the UN Security Council, the international body responsible for declaring war on behalf of the UN, in violation of U.S. Constitution Article I, Section 9.
Every month, the presidency of the Security Council rotates between the 15 member body, giving them the chance to set the agenda and lead meetings of the body. The Security Council has primary responsibility for the maintenance of international peace and security. The UN Security Council does not declare war. They may issue ceasefire directives, dispatch military peacekeeping forces or offer collective military action. US Security Council
No credible report could be found on this myth.
- Making bribery attempts in word and in deed, as Obama administration offered bribes to at least three Federal candidates for office: Joe Sestak, Andrew Romanoff and Jim Matheson, in violation of U.S. Code Title 18, Section 201.
U.S. Constitution Article II, Section 3 pertains to the Executive Branch, State of the Union and Convening of Congress. The Supreme Court of the United States declared the entire Affordable Care Act, as a whole, is constitutional The only aspect of the Affordable Care Act found unconstitutional is the provision that allows the federal government to withhold federal funding for existing Medicaid programs from states that choose not to provide expanded coverage. Given that it was not necessary to strike down the entire Act in order to preclude the federal government from imposing such a sanction, the Court held that the remainder of the ACA is constitutional and remains in effect. SCOTUS
- Defying a Federal Court Order by refusing to halt the unconstitutional implementation of the "Patient Healthcare and Affordable Care Act of 2010, popularly known as "ObamaCare", in violation of U.S. Constitution Article II, Section 3.
Again, Article II, Section 3 is reviewed above. in 2010, after the Deepwater Horizon mishap, there was a moratorium on drilling so safety measures could be implemented to prevent another accident. Newsweek As reported in 2012, Federal regulators have issued the most permits for deep water drilling in the Gulf of Mexico since 2007. ThinkProgressive
- Defying a Federal Court Order by refusing to grant lawful deep water drilling permits, in violation of U.S. Constitution Article II, Section 3, and Article III, Sections 1 & 2.
I will resume my research tomorrow debunking more myths.