Sunday, August 30, 2015

Growing even in hard times



The following is a status my husband posted on Facebook a year ago today:

August 30, 2014
Day 50 back at University of Kentucky's Intensive Care Unit (ICU) with Bobbi. She's getting IV meds for her low blood pressure and they need to start her back on short length hemodialysis. The Critical Decision Unit ICU didn't have a bed available for dialysis (requires a water hookup) so she's back where she started.
Please keep her in your thoughts and prayers for improvements in her condition.
Thanks again for everything.

Yes, I am very thankful to be alive today. I had a rough 117 day in hell (my length of time in the hospital), but it is all in my past. I no longer need dialysis because my kidneys are working on their own. My diabetes and hypertension medications have been decreased due to unforeseen weight loss.

I am still weak and I still need oxygen, but I can see tiny improvements every day. I was told it may be a year before I regain all the strength and stamina I lost while I was in the hospital, so I still have a ways to go, but I'll get there.

Thank you to all my family and friends for the prayers, wishes and warm thoughts sent my way. I know this helped my recovery and I will never be able to repay everyone.


2 comments: