Thursday, August 19, 2010

One-Sided Conversation


ONE-SIDED CONVERSATION


“Uh, huh, yeah, that’s what I thought.”


“No, I haven’t seen it yet – really? Oh, I can’t wait!”

“No, uh, uh! No way I’m going if that heifer’s going to be there.”

“Because …”

“No, because she drives me crazy.”

“It’s not funny, Linda. No, I think that red dye job has soaked into her brain and rotted the gray matter!”

“It’s true – no, I think she’s very intelligent.”

“Yes, she is – she has to be smart to be able to down that job at the law office.

“Well, let me finish – I said she’s smart, but she just doesn’t have any common sense.”

“Haha – no, seriously, I don’t think she has enough sense to come in out of the rain.”

“Well, true … she probably would melt in the rain.”

“Oh, you are so bad! No, you are, you’re evil!”

“Yeah, I know – but how could someone smart enough to be a paralegal actually think it’s okay to be dating 3 different guys at the same time?”

“Well, she’s got more energy than me, that’s for sure.”

“Well, what’s going to happen when she goes into the Old Bull Tavern with Bill and she finds Joe Bob at the bar?”

“Yeah, that’s what I mean – the fur will fly!”

“Or, maybe she’ll be eating with Kenny at the Food Affair and Bill walks in with his buddies.”

“No, I don’t care who she dates, I just think it’s wrong for her to sneak behind their backs. Those guys need to know they’re in competition with each other.”

“Oh, I know, that’s why I don’t want to go if she’s there. I can’t stand to her complaining about her love triangle – or I guess it would be a love square since there are four of them.”

“No, I can’t stand to hear one more story. No, I’ll go with you, but if she’s there I’m leaving.”

“Oh, Linda, I’ve gotta go – that hubby on the other line. Talk at ya later. Bye!”

No comments:

Post a Comment