Monday, February 22, 2016

Musing Monday - what's on your childhood bookshelf?

Today’s MUSING MONDAYS post is about your bookshelf -
What books did you read while in school? Were there any that you particular liked, or even hated? Did any become lifelong favorites?


I read mostly fiction when I was in school, so I guess this is the reason I've had a life-long addiction to fiction reading. Some of my favorites in school were:

A Wrinkle in Time
The Betsy Books (B is for Betsy, Betsy's Little Star, etc.)
The Trixie Belden series
The Wizard of Oz series (the original books by Frank L. Baum)
Alice in Wonderland
Through the Looking Glass
Are You There God, It's Me, Margaret
The Three Investigators series
Little Women
The Lord of the Rings series


Most of these books I still love as an adult. When my girls were younger, these are the first books I bought for them, and although they may not still enjoy them now, they still hold a place in my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment