Monday, October 26, 2015

Jack-O-Lanterns

With Halloween fast approaching, I thought I'd share one of my favorite Halloween products - Pumpkin Masters Carving Kits.



I started using Pumpkin Masters Carving Kits back in 1986 and I quickly became addicted! I have always enjoyed carving pumpkins, but these kits not only provided the appropriate carving tools to make a professional looking jack o lantern, but they also provide you with many different patterns. If you've looked at these kits in the store and wondered if they really worked, well I'm telling you they do. My family has been using them for over 20 years and we have won many pumpkin carving contests with the fanciful patterns provided.

One of the very first pumpkins I carved was this beauty of Frankenstein's monster. Although the carving looks difficult, it really isn't. You basically use push pins or tape to apply a pattern to the pumpkin, then you use the outlining tool to make an outline of the pattern. Then you remove the pattern and start carving.

The Headless Horseman is one of my favorite patterns to use. I have carved this pattern numerous times over the years. It is fun and always a hit at Halloween parties.

The Howling Vampire is another favorite pattern and I have carved it on several large pumpkins over the years. It is the two faces of the vampire and it looks very spooky when it is lighted.

If Tiffany Had Used a Pumpkin has been the hardest one I've every attempted, but it remains my favorite. It is carved on all sides and I was so afraid the spider in the middle would come unattached. I have carved this pumpkin 3 times, the last time (not this photo) was on a 100 pound pumpkin for a local grocery store.



Due to my recent illness, I have not carved a pumpkin for several years, but I enjoy looking back at the wonderful photographs my husband took of my creations.


Happy Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment