Tuesday, January 8, 2013

New Idea

Yesterday, I had a new idea for a middle-age chapter book.  It has been a long time since I got excited about a writing project!  Today I wrote 1,200 words and sketched out an outline.  Developing characters for middle-age children was more fun than I thought it would be.  I can't wait to see where this story takes me.  I don't want to say anything about the plot, but it involves my hobby of gardening.

I also managed to write several Examiner articles for this week.  I am more caught up than I've been for a while.  I guess it's because I've been manic for the past few days - too many things running through my head. It makes it hard for me to concentrate on one thing at a time.  Usually I will get several projects started and not be able to finish them, so I'm proud that I actually finished several projects today.

I had planned to go to the Historical Society today to do some research, but my car wouldn't start when I decided to go.  I don't drive my car often enough to keep the battery charged up.  Now I'm planning to go tomorrow - Keith will jump my car in the morning.

More things I've accomplished in my manic phase - I baked a cake for Keith and I have supper ready to stick into the oven.  I even have the dishes washed up.  I HATE washing dishes!  I wouldn't mind cooking nearly as much if I didn't have to clean up.

Pretty Little Liars is back tonight!  This show is my guilty pleasure.  There has been a marathon on this afternoon, so I've been catching up where the story left off.

I also found a new series to watch - the Fabulous Beekman Boys.  It is about two gay guys who bought a farm in upstate New York and are trying to make a living and start a new business.  I found out about them yesterday when they were on Rachael Ray.  They raise milk goats and have a goat cheese and goat soap business.  These guys are hilarious, but the shows have been very educational as well as entertaining.

It's time to stick supper in the oven - potatoes, onions and chicken breasts roasted in onion soup mix - yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment